Ireland Golf Tour Operator Association Ltd Code of Conduct
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators upon joining the IGTOA, agree to the below outlined IGTOA Code of Conduct.
- This document gives the IGTOA Code of Conduct adopted by the Association.
- The IGTOA Code of Conduct has been designed to encourage integrity and instill ethical conduct from all of our Members.
- It is applicable to all IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators.
- It should be the constant aim of all IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators to conduct their business and themselves in a manner which will reflect the highest possible standards in business today.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators should deal honestly and fairly with each other, with clients and suppliers of services.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators will treat all details of their negotiations with clients and suppliers as confidential.
- Details of negotiations will not be divulged to a third party.
- An IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator will not knowingly make false or misleading statements. About their ability to successfully and professionally meet a potential client’s needs.About competitors. About rates, costs, accommodation, transportation, capacities or any other factors at his /her disposal.To secure otherwise confidential information.
- An IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator will honor signed contracts, both with his/her clients and his/her suppliers, in spirit as well as intent, and should make every effort to honor all commitments, both written and verbal.
- An IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator will settle all his/her financial obligations promptly, in accordance with normal commercial practice unless otherwise explicitly agreed with his/her suppliers.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators will, as soon as possible, release back to the supplier any contracted services no longer required.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators should reconfirm all services in written form.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators will not produce any sales literature, which clearly names a supplier together with a selling price without prior agreement being reached on rates and conditions.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators shall not attempt to convert business to themselves by directly or indirectly bringing the name of another IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator into disrepute.
- All IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operators must provide appropriate insurance as required to trade under Irish and European law.
Enforcements & Sanctions
- If an infringement of this IGTOA Code of Conduct is alleged against an IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator, the facts shall be reported in writing to the National Executive Officer of the Association for preliminary investigation in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- The IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator against whom the allegation has been made shall provide, at the request of the Board of Directors, such further information in writing or documents as may be required within such a period as may be specified.
- If, after preliminary investigations, the facts alleged against the IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator appear to the Board of Directors to constitute a prima facie infringement of this code, they will convene a special meeting of said Board for consideration and resolution as to the appropriate disciplinary action or notice of expulsion.
- The Board of Directors shall, before reaching any final conclusions where disciplinary action, if imposed, could result in a reprimand, suspension of membership or termination of membership, give the IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator the opportunity to make representations to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will give the IGTOA Member Golf Tour Operator at least fourteen days notice in writing of the time and place of the hearing of the representations.
- Failure to pay the annual subscription within the specified period shall be a prima facia breach of this Code of Conduct.
- After the decision of the Board of Directors has been made known to the appellant that decision shall be communicated to the representative organisations of the principal product suppliers. Until this time all information received shall remain privileged and confidential.